Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grounding Meditation

It is important for the Reiki practitioner to meditate. Grounding meditations help a lot, because they are a meditation that can connect you to the Universal Energy and also Root yourself to earth.

Too much spirituality without ground or roots to Mother Earth is also something we must avoid. While we might feel like flying, it is always important to obtain balance. And roots are necessary to nourish and be nourished from the mother (earth).

I have read various exercises, and have come up with one of my own. I am not saying that I have invented it, but that my guides have instructed me to do it this way through meditation.

Meditation:

1. I like to use meditation music. It always helps me isolate from noises and achieve better concentration.

2. Sit on a chair or stand with your back straight and both feet touching the ground. Even if you are not on a first floor, the ground will connect you to the earth.

3. Concentrate on your respiration and start breathing energy from your crown chakra.

4. Breathe white energy and let it reach your solar plexus chakra. Do as many inhaling and exhaling as necessary until you reach each chakra.

5. Keep on breathing energy, to each one of your chakras until you reach the first or base chakra.

6. Feel how you start growing roots from your feet; feel them sink into the earth.

7. Start breathing also from the earth to your base chakra.

8. You become a perfect and beautiful column of white light. It is ok if the light has another color.

9. Feel how you pass light up and down this column as you inhale and exhale all the condensed (bad) energy that is inside you, exhale sickness, problems, exhale everything that is not Universal light and love. I see myself blowing black smoke from my nose. Continue this way until you see yourself inhaling and exhaling only pure light and love. Until all the negative things have gone out. Until you exhale just breath and not some anymore.

10. Continue to breathe this way exhaling pure love and light as long as you want to.

11. To end the exercise, thank your guides for this cleansing, thank the earth for the rooting, and thank the Reiki energy for the love.

12. Slowly start moving all parts of your body until fully aware and out of the meditative state.

You might be a little dizzy at first, or relaxed. Be careful if you are to do an activity that requires your full attention after this meditation.

It usually takes me 5 minutes to complete this process. The more I do it, the easier it gets to expel all that I do not want inside me and start breathing only love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits